Vail is now offering another great option for students needing credit recovery â€” online summer school! Check out attached information to get back on track this summer.
All classes held at the Vail Innovation Center
10775 East Mary Ann Cleveland Way
- Summer session begins on May 30th and goes through July 11th.
- Students may take up to 3 half credits during the summer session.
- Registration is due to the school bookstore by May 18th. Please register online through https://summer.vailschooldistrict.org and make any cash or check payments to the school bookstore.
- Registration after May 18th, may delay your start time for summer school.
Potential Online Course Offerings:
- Freshman Physics A & B
- English 3 A & B
- Algebra 2 A & B
- Biology A & B
- English 4 A & B
- World History A & B
- English 1 A & B
- Algebra 1 A & B
- US History A & B
- English 2 A & B
- Geometry A & B
- Government A & B
AzMerit and Final Exams:
Students who are completing a grade 9-11 ELA or Math credit during summer school must take the corresponding AzMerit exam for their course in order to receive credit.
AzMerit ELA Testing Dates:
- June 13th and June 14th or
- June 27th and June 28th or
- July 10th and July 11th
AzMerit Math Testing Dates:
- June 14th, June 28th or July 11th
Students not requiring AzMerit must take their final exam in person on one of the following dates:
- June 5th, 7th,, 12th, 14th, 19th, 21st, 26th, 28th or July 11th
- $85.00 per half credit. Make checks payable to Vail School District.Â ($25 fee assessed on returned check.)
- Scholarships are available in extreme circumstances. You must contact your school administrator by May 16th for approval.
- On testing dates or in-person tutoring, please bring your own lunch. The cafeteria will not be available.
- In-person tutoring will be available one day each week, either Tuesday or Thursday, according to each teacherâ€™s schedule. Teachers are available to meet with students to work on assignments, clarify work and concepts, etcâ€¦
- Tutoring dates will be communicated as students register.
- VAHS, Pantano, Empire, Cienega, Andrada, VBL, VDLPÂ and any out of district students may enroll.
- All classes are recovery courses and may not be taken for credit acceleration.
- Any/all discipline problems are grounds for immediate dismissal with no refund. (i.e. fighting, insubordination, illegal substances, disruptive behavior, etc.)
- Busing will be provided on May 30th, 31st and all AzMerit testing dates.
- Contact your schoolâ€™s front office for a copy of Summer School bus routes.
- Summer School grades will be on your official high school transcripts.
- Students are not allowed to leave campus for lunch. Student time logs will be maintained each day that students attend.
- Spots are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Print or view the following forms:
Call or email @ 879.1863, emailÂ email@example.com.